Senior Scientist, Mass Spectroscopy« Go Back
Employment Status: Full-Time
About Sapience Therapeutics
At Sapience, we think boldly about the possibilities for treating cancer. We aim to discover and develop peptide therapeutics to address oncogenic and immune dysregulation that drive cancer. To accomplish this goal, we are developing next generation peptide therapeutic candidates called SPEARS (Stabilized Peptides Engineered Against Regulation) to drug oncogenic transcription factors and regulatory pathways of disease that make cells cancerous or dampen the immune systems response against tumors. Our lead compound, ST101, is currently in the Phase 2 portion of a Phase 1/2 clinica trial and has demonstrated clinical proof-of-concept in cutaneous melanoma and recurrent GBM.
The Senior Scientist, Spectroscopy will support discovery and early development of our peptide candidates by applying LC- MS based technologies to characterize and quantitate our peptide drug candidates from in vitro and in vivo experiments. A strong background in delineating biotransformation pathways and structural elucidation by LC-MS is required. A successful candidate must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment.
- Develop bioanalytical methods for research and development compounds.
- Identification and structural elucidation of non-radiolabeled in vitro and in vivo metabolites/catabolites of peptide drug candidates.
- Structural characterization of peptide impurities/degradants in bulk active and early formulation development.
- Designing and executing proteomic experiments as well as developing LC-MS based proteomics methods
- Serve as bioanalytical representative on cross-functional project teams.
- Work independently, design experiments and report data in written reports and team presentations as required.
- Maintain accurate records of the study data.
- Applicants should possess a PhD, MS, or BS in Organic/Analytical/Natural Products/Protein Chemistry with 3+ (PhD), 9+ years (MS) or 11+ years (BS) of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC and LC-MS are required. Familiarity with Agilent Q-TOF mass spectrometry instruments and metabolite identification is preferred.
- Experience with in vivo preclinical and clinical ADME studies and understanding of clearance route, mechanism and the role of metabolism/catabolism is essential.
- Hands on experience in common sample preparation technique (LLE, SPE, affinity capture, enzymatic digestion, homogenization etc.) in bioanalysis.
- Experience in immunocapture and protein/peptide analysis by LC-MS is a plus.
- Experience in hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass-spectrometry (HDX-MS) is a plus
- Ability to analyze data and maintain detailed and comprehensible study documentation.
- Passion for science with critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong capabilities in experimental design, execution, data interpretation and troubleshooting.
- Good interpersonal and effective technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Work productively in cross-functional teams and achieve program goals.
What We Offer
- A diverse and inclusive culture where ideas are shared and your authentic self is welcome
- Exceptional, collaborative, dedicated team
- The chance to participate in work which may have a transformational impact on millions of people
- Continuous learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance, health reimbursement account/flexible spending account, 401k match, stock options, PTO
How to Apply
To apply online, please fill out the form below. If you prefer to send a letter, resume or curriculum vitae to email@example.com please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.
Sapience Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.